Something that we all suffer almost constantly are calls intended to sell us something, to advertise anything and sometimes they even turn out to be attempts at scams. To solve all these annoying situations, there is no better way than to know how to block calls both on our mobile phone and on the landline.
When it comes to blocking calls, we can be specific, that is, suppress the access of numbers or, on the contrary, we can perform this task for all calls that come to our device. This is already everyone’s choice.
Obviously blocking all calls is something more radical, but sometimes we may have no choice, for example, if we want to concentrate on studying and they just get calls.
Everything we do can be reversed, so if we block all calls for a while, once we decide we can receive them again without problems.
Let’s see what are the ways to block calls on the different types of devices that we have today to receive this type of communication.
Block calls from an Android mobile
If we have a mobile phone with the Android operating system, we have ways to ensure that we are not disturbed by calls that we do not want.
These functions, how could it be otherwise, can be activated or deactivated to the taste and needs of each one.
In Android we are presented with several possibilities when it comes to restricting calls, since we can block those that come from unknown numbers , block a specific number or prevent any type of call from reaching our terminal.
We are going to do everything from the Telephone application or from the Agenda in some terminals. Obviously, depending on the phone we have, the situation may vary slightly due to the layer of personalization it has.
- We open the phone application of the terminal, that is, the one we always press to call.
- Then we click on the three dots that appear in the upper right corner of our screen to go to Filter rules .
- Once inside we must click on Call filter rules .Now is where we are going to look at the different options we have to block different types of calls.
It is a really good thing to be able to choose several forms of blocking, because then each one will use the one that best suits them.
- Block all calls : in this case, what it does is block any call made to our mobile, except for the numbers that we have on our trust list.
- Filter unknown numbers : if we activate this filter, all calls whose phone number is unknown will be rejected.
- Filter private / withheld number : in this case, any number that is private or that does not appear will not be able to call us either.In addition, Android allows us to block calls from specific numbers. For example, if we have a phone number that calls us continuously, making jokes or simply calling us, we will always be able to block it, but for that we need to put it on our Black List or Block List .To use the Block List we must return to the Filter Rules screen and we will see how there is a specific section for this list. If we enter inside, it will indicate the numbers that have been previously blocked , if there are any, in addition to an add button at the bottom.
If we click on Add we can incorporate different ways to block, such as:
- Add manually : that is, enter the phone number ourselves.
- Filter prefix : phones with this prefix will be blocked.
- Add from contacts : we will add our contacts to the black list.
- Add from calls : in this case we can block numbers that have called us.
- Add from messages : if an unwanted number has sent us a message, this is the place to block it.